Intellectual property rights may be a company’s most valuable asset. Protecting those rights requires a comprehensive understanding of the law together with a strategic focus.
Our deep experience and trial expertise have led to many successes including trying and winning one of the largest infringement cases in the United States.
- Representing MGA Entertainment in a trademark and intellectual property lawsuit involving its highest grossing doll line. MGA’s LOL dolls gross over $5 billion dollars annually and is MGA’s most popular product. MGA sued OMG GIRLZ for declaratory relief and a finding that it is not infringing on OMG’s mark. OMG filed a counter-claim against MGA and its founder alleging violation of the Lanham Act.
- Representing the two founding physicians of Guardant Health Inc. in a lawsuit filed by Illumina, a genomics sequencing company in Delaware Federal Court. Illumina’s lawsuit alleges that our clients stole priceless trade secrets from Illumina and obtained 35 patents for Guardant’s targeted cancer treatment.
- Represented MGA Entertainment in retrial of epic copyright infringement and theft of trade secrets case with Mattel, resulting in judgment for MGA of $309 million.
- Represented leading securities rating agency in a multi-billion dollar FIRREA action.
- Represented plaintiff and largest minority shareholder of a leading consumer goods manufacturer in a $250 million shareholder oppression case.
- Represented plaintiff in a $300 million TEFRA action against the government.
- Retained by the founder of a major home design manufacturer to investigate shareholder oppression.
- Took over defense in a trademark infringement case of the nation’s largest cannabis fertilizer company in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio on the eve of probable sanctions and adverse findings. Through creative motions and discovery, salvaged a favorable settlement for client.
- Represented management members in trade secret and partnership dispute involving high-frequency trading company. Case favorably settled after third day of arbitration.
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant manufacturer of water desalination technology in lawsuit arising out of patent infringement actions.
- Defended pet food manufacturer in Lanham Act action brought by competitor in Ohio federal court.
- Represented an online retailer in administrative proceedings, including trial, brought by the Federal Trade Commission relating to trademark litigation settlement agreements that allegedly restrained keyword advertising on Internet search engines.